Pages

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Goodbye Michigan!

This week was a bitter sweet time for me. I'm so excited to be back in Utah and see Braxton again, but it's hard to say goodbye to my home and family. I've really appreciated having the time this summer to get closer with my parents and Connor and Trent. In high school I was always locking myself in my room, or going out with friends. There was always an excuse to not spend time with my family. Coming back home this summer was great because unlike before, I really WANTED to spend time with my family. I loved getting to know my brothers better, and I really enjoyed the long late night talks I was able to have with my mom and dad. I look at them as friends now more than parents. So you can imagine how difficult it was to say goodbye to them this week, especially knowing that I would never be living at home with them again. But as hard as it was, I'm excited for this new chapter of my life that's about to unfold in front of me!


These boys have become such amazing friends. I can always count on them to make me laugh. As cliche as that sounds, it's true. I can't think of a single day this summer where they haven't done something completely ridiculous that made me crack up laughing, and that's why they're so great.




I love these goofballs!


I think the hardest person of all to say goodbye to was Mom. She's my best friend and my biggest role model. I love that I can talk to her about anything and we've made so many fun memories this summer. She's taught me so many great things the past few months about being a good wife, and I'm excited to be able to use all of her advice! This week we went and got our nails done together and it was SO FUN! But then again, any day spent with Mom is a fun one. 


And now it's time to say goodbye to good old Michigan! Hopefully I'll be back soon. 

Utah, here I come!! 

xo Lexie



No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Letters from Lexie

Distributed By Blogger Templates | Designed By Darmowe dodatki na blogi