Pages

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

The Week Before The Wedding!

I can't believe the wedding is already almost here! This week has been amazing. It was so great to see Braxton again too. It was really nice knowing that our summer apart is over and now we just get to spend the rest of our lives with each other. (It sounds cheesy I know, but it's true.)

I flew in Saturday afternoon and Braxton's mom picked me up at the Salt Lake Airport. Braxton, Tyler, and Kevin were driving back from Texas and wouldn't be back in Utah until the next day so I spent Saturday night with Braxton's family and it was a blast. We worked on some wedding things at the house for a bit and then all of us piled into the car and headed to the county fair that was going on. It was so fun! The coolest part was probably the elephant show that we watched. It was just really awesome to spend some time with Braxton's family and get to know them even better. I always love goofing off with Jaden and McKenna. Braxton told me that he wouldn't be getting to Utah until around 3:00pm on Sunday so that morning I was getting ready to go to church with his family and I heard a knock on the bathroom door. I asked who it was and nobody answered so finally I opened the door and Braxton was standing there!! Apparently he had driven all through the night and didn't stop for anything except gas. It was such a great surprise to see him standing there and it put the biggest smile on my face. After a long hug, Tyler finally broke us up to get his hug in. I definitely missed him a lot too. It was hard having my two best friend away for three months!


After church Jessica and Russell came over with Tristan! This was the first time Braxton got to meet him and it was so cute to watch him with his new nephew. I'm already so in love with their baby and we've made it clear we're going to be his favorite Aunt and Uncle. I can't wait to spoil him!


Monday was awesome! I had a job interview that morning at Convergys, which is a call center in Logan working for Comcast. And . . . I GOT THE JOB! So that's great because it will be 5 days a week from 7am-3pm, which will be perfect so I can spend the nights with Braxton! After the interview we went to our new apartment and started moving things in! It's our very first home together and moving in together is definitely a big step in our lives. You could say I was a little excited. 

Tuesday was my bachelorette party! I picked up Baylie from the airport that morning (she was supposed to fly in the night before but she had some flight delays and ended up not being able to get to Utah until tuesday morning) and we headed down to Provo to meet the rest of the girls! It was so exciting to have my best friend in Utah just for my wedding. That day the plan was to go to 7 Peaks Water Park, but it was pretty rainy and the park was closed. Instead we went to Sierra's apartment and hung out at her pool/hot tub. I loved seeing all my best friends hanging out together. After that, we went back to the apartment and got all dressed up for a "night out." Baylie told us that we all had to wear "Little Black Dresses" and the theme was perfect! She went to so much planning for this night and had a sash and a tiara for me as well as necklaces for us to all wear and pins that said "team bride" and my pin said "bride to be." 



We went to Olive Garden for dinner and Baylie had a super fun Truth or Dare game that we played at the table. It had goofy things on it like going up to a guy and getting his number, or telling a stranger a cheesy pick-up line, or telling your most embarrassing story. We were all crying from laughing so hard by the end of dinner. 




After dinner we went back to Rachel's apartment and Baylie had bought tank tops for all of us to wear. Mine said "He put a ring on it" and all the bridesmaid's shirts said "Team Bride." The girls decorated the whole apartment with streamers and balloons and then we proceeded to play a bunch of ridiculous and hilarious bachelorette party games. 



I think it's safe to say I have the best maid of honor ever! The whole day was so fun and I felt so blessed to have such wonderful friends. 


Braxton and I have the best friends ever! This morning we all went out to breakfast together before the rehearsal. It was awesome to get all the bridesmaids and groomsmen together and just hangout and laugh for a little bit. 



After breakfast we headed to Eldredge Manor for our wedding rehearsal. I still can't believe that tomorrow I'm getting married. The day that I've been dreaming about and planning for for so long is finally almost here and it doesn't feel real! I'm definitely happy to have these friends by my side tomorrow. Braxton and I agree we have the best wedding party ever. 


After the rehearsal we headed over to the courthouse to get our marriage license!

Now all that's left is the final step: THE WEDDING!

xo Lexie

No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Letters from Lexie

Distributed By Blogger Templates | Designed By Darmowe dodatki na blogi