Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Date Nights, Family Time, and Big Purchases

These last couple weeks have gone by so fast! We've loved getting settled into our new home and have made a lot of good friends between school, work, and church. I'm so thankful to be married to such a generous and hard working man. Every morning while I'm getting ready for work Braxton makes me breakfast and gets a lunch together for me. Once I leave for work, he gets ready for school and leaves for a day full of classes. He get's done with school before I'm home from work, and spends the time doing homework and helping out around the house. He is so helpful! I always come home to a clean house, the bed nicely made, and the laundry done. I'm so grateful to be married to him! He did get a little job for Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings. He goes into classes where English is the student's second language and he leads discussion groups and talks with them in English. It's a good little part time job that brings in a little bit of extra cash for us. He's still looking for another job he can work a few nights a week, but we've realized how difficult the job hunt is when you live in a college town full of young people trying to get jobs. We're praying he'll get something soon though!



One of the things I look forward to most throughout the week is our date nights! We choose at least one night a week to get out of the house and go on a fun date night with each other. I love that even though we're married I still get that excited butterfly feeling inside every time he holds my hand or kisses me. I don't think I'll ever lose that. This last weekend, we went out for frozen yogurt (which has become one of our favorite treats). We also had a "date night" with all the married couples in our stake. We had dinner followed by a devotional. It was fun to see some of our old friends from last year as well as some of our new friends in our ward! We discovered they're going to have this date night thing a couple times a month and it counts as an institute class, so we're excited to continue going to these in the future. 



I have to post some pictures of Tristan because I'm such a proud Aunt! This weekend we drove down to Kaysville for Jessica's birthday. Saturday night we headed down in time to go see McKenna doing the last run-through of her marching band show and that was really fun! Sunday we went to church with the fam, and then Jessica, Russell, and Tristan came over for dinner. It's always fun to see them and it was so cute to see Braxton with the baby. He's going to be such a good dad someday. 



We made one of our first big purchases this week . . . WE BOUGHT A PIANO! One of my friends from work heard we were looking for one and gave us an offer we couldn't refuse! We used some of our wedding money to buy this beautiful upright grand piano that is going to bring so much joy to our home. We were blessed to have some of my friends from work come and help us move it into our apartment. I've only had the piano one day and I'm already loving it.


It's a good life!
xo Lexie

No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Letters from Lexie

Distributed By Blogger Templates | Designed By Darmowe dodatki na blogi