Pages

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Married Life Begins

Sunday we went to church in the married student ward for the first time and it was so fun! We met so many awesome couples and it was cool to be surrounded by people who were in the same stage in life as us. I'm really excited to get to know the people in our ward better, and make some good friends. After church we drove back down to Kaysville and had dinner with Braxton and my family. We really enjoyed spending this time together with both our families, and it was nice to see my family one last time before they headed back to Michigan. We had a yummy barbecue and then all crowded into the living room to open our wedding presents! We were amazed at how generous everyone had been with their gifts to us and were very grateful for all of the much needed things that we got. After all the excitement died down from presents, we said our goodbyes and headed back up to Logan for a busy week! Braxton started school the next day, and I started my job at Convergys on tuesday. 

This week was pretty crazy between unpacking, decorating the house, going grocery shopping, and getting everything ready for work and school. The first day of work I was pretty nervous because I had no idea what I was walking into. I had only ever worked in food or with kids, so this was a whole new area for me. Fortunately, I made some awesome friends on the first day and have absolutely loved every second of this new job. I know this job was a blessing from God and I'm so thankful for it. 


After a busy week, Braxton and I had an awesome date night on Saturday night! He took me to this little zoo in Logan and we had so much fun walking around looking at the animals and laughing with each other. As long as I'm with Braxton, anything is fun. After the zoo we headed to Rumbi's for dinner! (We're thankful for the coupons we get in the mail that make dates like that possible.) After dinner we came back to the apartment and cuddled up to a good movie. I'm looking forward to lots more fun date nights like this. It's so great to be married to your best friend!



 Braxton and I had school and work off for labor day, so we drove down to Kaysville Sunday after church to spend some time with his family. We played a some fun games Sunday night and Monday morning we met up with Jessica, Russell, and the baby and went bowling! Although I'm absolutely terrible at bowling I still had a blast (and of course I loved holding my sweet new nephew.)


The proud grandparents!


We're going to be Tristan's favorite Aunt and Uncle. Just wait.


I love being a Foust! 

xo Lexie


No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Letters from Lexie

Distributed By Blogger Templates | Designed By Darmowe dodatki na blogi