Pages

Sunday, August 24, 2014

The Big Day!

It's official. August 21st is the very best day of my life. The morning of the wedding was full of excitement and lots and lots of butterflies. My bridesmaids all came over to Nana and Gramps house that morning and we all got ready together downstairs. Since Sierra is in beauty school she helped with everyone's hair and makeup. As we drove to Eldredge Manor I tried not to freak out too much. I kept thinking to myself how after today I was going to be a married woman. I was going to have a different last name! And I just felt so unprepared for whatever was about to happen. As soon as I saw Braxton, all the nerves went away though. I knew that it was right and that he was the one that I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with. 




I'm so thankful for my mom and all the support and love she gives me every day. I don't know where I'd be without her and I'm so glad she was able to be by my side throughout this special day. 




My lovely Maid of Honor!


Tyler came in to give me one last hug before all the events of the evening started. I will always remember this special moment.

After Chelsea got pictures of us getting ready she took braxton down into the gardens and then sent Jay up to get me. Braxton had his back turned to me and I had to walk up behind him and tap his shoulder for him to turn around and see me for the first time in my wedding dress. Braxton said when he heard me behind him it took everything he had not to turn around right then. Finally he was able to turn around and we were able to have our "first look." Chelsea was there capturing the whole thing with her camera and it was such an intimate moment between the two of us. We just looked at each other grinning like a bunch of idiots. Completely smitten with each other. After our first look we got some family pictures as well as pictures with our wedding party before the ceremony started. 


The ceremony was absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to post all of the pictures from the wedding when Chelsea sends them to me. For now, the only pictures we have are the ones people took on their phones and sent to us. 

Throughout the entire ceremony I couldn't stop smiling. I was just so happy that this day was finally here and that I was able to commit myself to Braxton forever. It felt so right standing there with him, and I hope I never lose that feeling. After the ceremony everyone came up and congratulated us. Josh and Jo even came all the way from California! So many people were there to support us and be a part of our day and Braxton and I couldn't have been more grateful. 

The reception started at 7 and we had a receiving line for the first hour. After that we cut the cake and I threw the bouquet. (Rachel caught it!) My favorite part of the reception is what came next. Dad and I walked on to the dance floor and had our daddy daughter dance. I admire Dad so much and will never forget dancing around the living room with him to sleeping beauty as a little girl. It was such a tender moment as we danced together and part of me will always stay his little girl. Towards the end of the song I noticed Braxton sitting in a chair with a guitar and a microphone. I got really confused because the plan was for Braxton and me to have our first dance after the daddy daughter dance. The song ended and suddenly Braxton started strumming his guitar. Before I knew what was happening he was singing our song "Perfect For Me" by Ron Pope and I was holding back tears. It was such a beautiful surprise and I just couldn't stop thinking how lucky I was to be married to this man. 



After Braxton's song he stood up and walked over to me holding out his hand to dance. We shared our first dance as a married couple to the song "Never Stop" by SafetySuit and after our song ended celebration music started playing and everyone else joined in dancing! For the last hour we danced and laughed and celebrated. 


We even had a chance to slip into the photo booth for some of those cheesy wedding photo booth pictures. Honestly, I never wanted the night to end. 



We ran out to our car through an awesome sparkler send off! Our bridesmaids and groomsmen had decorated our car and stuffed the inside with balloons. When we finally got enough of the balloons out to get into the car we waved goodbye and "rode off into the sunset."

The whole night really was a fairy tale. 
A fairy tale I will always remember.

xo Lexie (Foust)



No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Letters from Lexie

Distributed By Blogger Templates | Designed By Darmowe dodatki na blogi