Pages

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Picnics, Sickness, and Flowers

I know I've said this before, but I absolutely love spending every day with my best friend! Nothing beats coming home from work every day to the love of my life. I really do value every day I get to spend with this amazing man. 



Saturday mornings are the best because it means no work or school for either of us. We get to actually sleep in a little for a change! Last Saturday we took our time getting out of bed and then, once we were up we decided since it was such a pretty day out it was a perfect chance to go for a Saturday morning walk. It was so great to get out and enjoy the crisp fall air and get a little bit of exercise. We walked into town and then up and around campus and it was awesome to have that time to just talk without any distractions. It felt so good to get moving and exercise a little, and it made it a million times better that I was doing it with my husband by my side.  I hope we get to have more mornings like this in the future. 



Weekday picnic dates are the best kind of dates! Last Wednesday when I came home from work I decided I was going to surprise Braxton with a picnic. I wanted to do something different and it was such a nice day, a picnic just seemed like the perfect thing to do! I tried to be sneaky and bring everything out to our backyard without him noticing, but by about the fourth trip I think he caught on. It was still fun though! I absolutely love making dinner every night for the two of us. It's become one of my favorite things and I love how appreciative Braxton is to me for the things I do. Tonight, southern style chicken, pasta, and home made bread were on the menu. I also cracked open a bottle of Martinelli apple cider and brought out the fancy wine glasses to add a little bit of romantic flair to the date. I loved seeing the look on Braxton's face when I brought him outside and he saw everything I had put together.  Once we finished eating we brought everything back inside and cuddled up under the blankets and watched a movie. These memories we are building together mean so much to me and I am constantly amazed at how happy Braxton makes me. 



This week unfortunately we both got a little sick. It started with Braxton getting a sore throat and some sinus problems, and of course because of my weak immune system I caught it within a couple days. We ended up being a couple of sniffling, coughing, bed ridden love birds and I actually had to even miss a day of work because of how yucky I was feeling. But the whole time we didn't stop smiling! Braxton was so good at taking care of me and getting me whatever medicine or food I needed and I really do think he had a huge contribution to me getting better as fast as I did. We ate some delicious home made chicken noodle soup and by the end of this week we were both almost back to normal! 

Yesterday I was able to talk on the phone with Mom for a little bit. Talking to Mom on the phone is always one of the highlights of my day and I love hearing about things back home as well as catching her up on my life. She really is one of my best friends and I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful role model in my life. I was feeling especially home sick today and talking to her was exactly what I needed. She always makes me feel so loved and I honestly don't know where I would be without her. 

Yesterday was also the Women's Conference and I absolutely loved going to that. I went over to the church at 5:00 for a dinner catered by the Iron Gate Grill and it was fun to socialize and meet some more of the women in my stake. At 6:00 we all gathered in the chapel for the meeting and I have to say it was one of the best ones I've ever attended. I felt like every single speaker was specifically addressing me and every talk was about things that I needed to hear. The spirit was so strong in the room and I could feel that this is where I was supposed to be and that these are the things I needed to hear. Sister Linda K. Burton spoke of preparing for the temple. With the goal that Braxton and I have to be sealed in the Salt Lake Temple next year, this was a perfect topic for me. She said how only the home can compare to the temple in sacredness and spoke of making our home a place where the spirit is welcome. She said that by doing this we are preparing to make the temple a place that we will feel like home in. I loved that and have decided to make it a goal of mine to make my new little home a place where the spirit is welcome. Another talk I loved was Dieter F. Uchtdorf's. I always love it when he speaks, and this time was no exception. He assured me that God loves me no matter what and that I need to always remember I am a daughter of God. He told me that God knows me individually and knows of my accomplishments as well as my struggles. This meant so much to me to hear and I felt the spirit testify of that truth. I loved a point that he made about blessings. He said that a lot of us may think God has all his blessings for us stored up in a giant cloud somewhere and that he is holding them back and waiting until we live obediently to selectively give those to us. He then went on to say that that is not the case. Rather, God is constantly pouring down blessings upon us. He is sending them down like a steady fall of rain, and when we choose not to live the commandments it's like we are holding up an umbrella and blocking ourselves from receiving those blessings. I loved that analogy and it made me realize that Heavenly Father loves me and WANTS to bless me. The choices I make are what determine whether or not I receive those blessings. I was so thankful that I attended that meeting and left it feeling spiritually strengthened and excited for General Conference next weekend. 


I came home from the meeting so see a bouquet of beautiful flowers sitting on the table for me. I looked at them and then looked at Braxton and he smiled at me and I just started crying. A happy cry. All of a sudden I just felt overwhelmed by how loved I was, by both my family, my Heavenly Father, and my incredible husband. I am so blessed to have so many people in my life who love me unconditionally and are there for me. Braxton is always doing those sweet little acts of love for me and I'm so thankful for that. He truly is an amazing man and I am so lucky I get to spend eternity with him. 

I am blessed! 
xo Lexie

No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Letters from Lexie

Distributed By Blogger Templates | Designed By Darmowe dodatki na blogi