Pages

Friday, October 31, 2014

HALLOWEEN!

This halloween has been the best! First off, I absolutely love fall. The pretty colors, the sound of leaves crunching under your feet, the cool crisp air, and of course getting to accessorize with scarves and boots. Nothing is better than fall! And when you add spending the whole thing with your best friend, I'd say it's pretty near perfect. 


This year we decided to dress up as a 20's gangster and flapper girl for halloween. I felt like we walked right out of a Gatsby party. We went to the Howl which is a huge halloween party that Utah State puts on. We went last year as boyfriend and girlfriend and it's crazy as we walked in this year as husband and wife to think about how much has changed since then. We had so much fun dancing and hanging out and looking at all the different costumes. I know big parties aren't exactly Braxton's "thing" so I appreciated him going with me and having such a good time. I'm so lucky to have him. 





Monday for family night we carved pumpkins! Braxton said he had only ever done it once before so it was a fun thing to do with him. Since there wasn't a pumpkin patch around we just went to Walmart to get our pumpkins and I insisted on picking out the "PERFECT pumpkin" while Braxton just rolled his eyes and smiled and patiently waited for me to find the one I wanted. We went back to our apartment and turned on some good halloween tunes and began carving. It was fun to see Braxton's mood change as he began carving his pumpkin and started getting into it. Once he figured out what he wanted to carve he got super excited about it. All in all, it was a super fun family night and I'm excited to make this a tradition for our new family. 


Another tradition we had to do for halloween was the classic bread bowls and soup that I've always had with my family growing up. Braxton ran to Paradise Cafe for me to get some sourdough bread bowls and I made home-made clam chowder. I was surprised by how good it turned out and it was nice to have a little taste of home since my family is so far away. I couldn't have asked for a better halloween or a better person to spend it with.

Happy Halloween from the Fousts! 
xo - Lexie





1 comment :

  1. You two are so fun re-creating Halloween traditions! I love that you bring the feelings of family and tradition being important in your lives! I hope the things I do to make holidays special carry over to my kids' families! I love this!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 Letters from Lexie

Distributed By Blogger Templates | Designed By Darmowe dodatki na blogi