Pages

Monday, December 22, 2014

Date Nights & Christmas Spirit

This weekend has been the best! Friday was my last day of work until after the holidays, and these past few days we didn't have anything huge going on so we finally got a weekend all to ourselves! Saturday it was so nice to be able to sleep in! I love those saturday mornings where we have nothing to do and just get to lay in bed all morning and cuddle and be lazy. And really we haven't had a morning like that in a while. Saturday night was our date night (yay!). We stopped at Fizz N' Fryz to get a basket full of delicious fries as well as our very favorite Dirty Dr. Pepper's. (I told you I was addicted) 


After that we walked around downtown Logan and went into all the little shops. We had a blast just looking around in all the different stores and talking and laughing together. And it wasn't even that cold out! (I still can't believe it's almost Christmas and there's still no sign of snow in Logan.. but I'm not complaining.) We stumbled upon a cute little music shop that was in the basement of a book store and had a lot of fun looking around at all the different guitars, and I know Braxton was absolutely loving trying out all the really nice ones. I wish I knew how to play guitar better, one of these days Braxton will teach me! I do love that he has just as much of a passion for music as I do. It's one of my favorite things about our relationship. 


After walking around Logan for a bit we stopped at our friends Jon & Lia's wedding reception to congratulate them and then we headed home, got in our comfy clothes, made a giant plate of nachos, and cuddled up to watch the movie Christmas Vacation. (Braxton had never seen it) It was such a fun date night! 


Man I still can't believe Christmas is in THREE DAYS! Usually I feel like the weeks leading up to Christmas go so slow and it takes forever to get here.. this year every things just gone by so fast! I feel like it was just barely halloween! I do love that even though we just have a little apartment, we've still been able to decorate for Christmas and get the holiday spirit. We have a cute little 4 foot tree we bought from Michaels that's decorated with some ornaments and tinsel we got at the dollar store. And Braxton's parents gave us the cutest little ornament for our first Christmas together! 




Today, Braxton was so sweet and surprised me with poinsettia flowers and eggnog (my favorite)! He is so thoughtful and is always thinking of sweet things to do for me and I am just amazed at how lucky I am! 

Unfortunately, although I have this whole week off work Braxton doesn't.. I don't know if I already mentioned this but he got a job a couple weeks ago! He get's Christmas day off but that's it. He get's off work on Christmas Eve at 1:00, so once he's done we'll head down to Kaysville and spend Christmas Eve and Christmas with his family and then drive back up that night so Braxton can be at work on Friday. It's a bummer that he has to work this week, but it's such a huge blessing that he has this job now, and I'm happy he get's off at one every day so we get to spend the whole evening together! 


I'm also thankful that since I don't have to work I get to spend more time during the day studying my scriptures and growing closer to Christ. This year I'm trying to learn more about my savior and focus on the true meaning of Christmas. 


I found this quote and absolutely love it. I am so beyond grateful for everything Christ has done for me and am loving celebrating his birth during this holiday season. As Thomas S. Monson said, "To catch the real meaning of the spirit of Christmas, we need only drop the last syllable and it becomes the spirit of Christ."

Merry Christmas Everyone! 
xo Lexie


No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Letters from Lexie

Distributed By Blogger Templates | Designed By Darmowe dodatki na blogi