Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Porter's Scare

Last night Porter decided to give us the scariest moment we've had since the boys have been home. Me and my mom had just come home from the women's conference and were only home for about five minutes when Porter stopped breathing. He let out a distressed cry, arched his back, and his face turned bright red. As Braxton quickly scooped him up to try and help him we noticed no air was going in or out and Porter had milk coming out of his nose. Braxton tried everything he could think of to get him to breath while my mom got on the phone and called 911 and I was able to drop to my knees and pray. Thankfully the paramedics arrived quickly and Porter started breathing again and everything was fine, but in the moment I was terrified I was going to lose my little boy. 


We spent some time in the ambulance with him and then about an hour in the emergency room making sure everything was okay before we took him home. But for the rest of the night I was so scared that something was going to happen again. When he had stopped breathing he was completely silent and wasn't making a sound and I was so scared that I would go to sleep and that something would happen and I wouldn't wake up. Braxton felt the same way so he stayed up most of the night with Porter just making sure everything was okay so I could get some sleep. He is such a sweet husband and an amazing father.


 I'm so thankful for a God who loves us and who answers prayers. I know that the spirit was there comforting us and letting us know what to do and I know Porter's okay because I prayed and had faith. How lucky we are to have such a merciful Heavenly Father who is watching out for us. 
God loves us! 

xo Lexie

No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Letters from Lexie

Distributed By Blogger Templates | Designed By Darmowe dodatki na blogi